Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Skillet

As far as food is concerned, usually if it looks good, then it tastes good as well...Right?

I have to admit that this dish does not quite follow those guidelines and is more of an "ugly duckling" dish.  It tastes amazing (and meets low carb guidelines) but does not come out to be the most appealing dish.  I have learned a valuable lesson; It is not fair to judge dishes solely on looks.  Sometimes you have to be willing to accept them however they look and no matter what political party they choose....well that is, unless they don't taste good or become too liberal.  Then it is ok to judge away.

Warning, it may be fun to make up some interesting (aka gross) names to describe how this dish looks, but I would recommend keeping them to yourself.  My wife wasn't very thrilled and did not get the childish humor in something I was trying to serve her for dinner.  On the other hand, if you have say a 12 year old son, he would probably enjoy the humor.

Recipe:
1 Pkg Frozen Leaf Spinach
(This would definatly be better with fresh spinach, but I have decided that this is my
"I don't have anything left in the fridge and I don't feel like going to the store so what can I whip up in a hurry" meal.  I think most of my best creations fall under that exact same description.)
1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes (you can sub RoTel for some spice!!)
1 lb Ground Turkey
1 8oz Jar Medium Artichokes
2oz Cream Cheese
2oz Sour Cream
1/3 Cup Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
1 Small Onion
Garlic, Salt, Pepper
Shredded Parmasean Cheese

Put a little olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.  Add chopped onion and saute until they start to brown.  Add ground turkey and brown (You can drain the meat at this point, but I say what for, it's turkey). Add spinach, tomatoes, artichokes and seasoning.  Cook until spinach is thawed.  Add cream cheese, sour cream, and shredded cheese.  Stir until all the cheese is melted.  Top with parmasean cheese to serve. 

Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Skillet


No comments:

Post a Comment